Saturday, April 18, 2009
Movie review
Psh, all those people are idiots man. Those 3 websites gave Crash an average rating of 78. Crash is much crunker than a 78. This says nothing about the quality of the movie, but more about to douche-ness of the critiques. I'm not going to lie, I took those ratings very personally. I really didn't even read that many reviews though, it was like blasphemy. The bad ones I did read though seemed bias and rude. It seemed as if some critics sucked as much emotion from the film as possible and just trashed it, much like the way I attempted to demonize The Boss. One critic said, in so many words, that the director captured only some of the emotions that the real epidemic portrays, but the racism is equally emitted by all characters, black, white, asian, or whatever. It also says "if what we see in Crash were statistically significant, that would mean that everybody in L.A. is being racist in every tense situation all day long, and it doesn't take much experience of life in the diverse big cities of this country to know that isn't right. The L.A. of Crash is a distorted scale model of the city that Haggis treats as if it were the city itself." (Alan Dale) Personally though, it's a movie. Dale does bring up a good point about how the movie is shot from a very realist, or naturalist point of view, yet the movie is unrealistically coincidental. But it's a movie, and of course the director was not portraying the actors in this film as proportional representatives of L.A. citizens. It's simply a story of how people interact with each other. Dale does go on to say that even though the movie was a few strides short of the masterpiece it was attempting to become, it was directed well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment