Sunday, March 8, 2009

karaoke

I've heard of people being passionate about their music, but that's pretty crazy. I just sat here for like 10 minutes trying to think what was going through those peoples head's to assault somebody because of a song; nothing came to mind. Maybe all those people were just crazy or something. I can't think of anything that would motivate me to do something like that under those circumstances. People are crazy though. Separately karaoke and booze make people violent, but combining the two draws forth a rage like no other. Everyone knows that. To me it seems like it all boils down to people not being able to get along. There have been times when I've almost gotten in fights over video games. People feel especially strong about sports too; don't even get me started about 4 square. Most of the time the people I've had problems with while doing these things were difficult to get along with in the first place. The author of the karaoke article brought up a good point about the way people connect music and identities. If you can see the way someone dresses and the music that person listens to, you can kinda guess what they're gonna be like. I suppose when you sing you're really putting yourself out there, because many songs are just talking about emotions and what-knot. Also, you have to sing with emotion, and if you suck at singing and someone calls you out, it may very well drive you to murder someone's entire family. Perhaps that's why the karaoke evokes such violence, people are revealing their emotions and being rejected; it hurts when someone makes fun of your feelings, especially if you're drunk and belligerent. I know that when I hear heavy metal, it makes me pist. I hate it, it makes me wanna fight the source of the noise so I can make it stop. Maybe other people can relate to that feeling, but due to different music. I'm pretty sure if I was drunk and someone started playing heavy metal I would have to say something rude to that person about their choice in music. Feeling like his personality has been insulted, instead of his choice of music, the Heavy Metal Kid would surely lash out in anger and we would consequently rumble in the streets. People just need to learn to get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment