Friday, February 13, 2009

Things white people like

As most of you know by now, I'm white. I thought this whole list of things that white people like, was HILARIOUS. Alot of the stereotypes were right on target, but not all. It sounds like a black person wrote it cuz the more obvious stereotypes are very correct, but once the author goes deeper, or into the less obvious stereotypes, the facts get choppy. Nobody knows white people like white people. I love it though, I've already told my sister and most of my friends about it. The author should add another post and name it "This blog." It's obviously satirizing How-to manuals because the majority of the post say things like "mention this, and any white person will accept you." One of my favorites was #106 Facebook. It's soo true lol. I'm not gonna lie, when I get a new friend on Facebook the first thing I do is look through their pictures to see who they hang out with and what they do. If the pictures prove uninformative the next step is to look at their wall and see who they talk to. This makes it much easier to judge their social status, and determine if they're cool or not. It sounds so shallow when explained this way and I guess it kinda is. Another one I like #101 Being Offended. If you read the post, and then some of the user comments all these white people are like soooo offended by the post. It's hilarious. I have to say the one about Pea Coats (#111) is pretty funny too. There is this guy in my philosphy class that wears a pea coat, and when I saw it I thought, "Damn that looks classy, I need to get one." As far as cultural mores, I think it's saying that alot of white people are judgemental, and caught up in image. I know I am, but if you took Engl 1101 here at GA state in 08-09 and read An Orange Vest then you would know how I feel about treating people shitty. Haha, I guess you could say i get offended on the behalf of other people when they get treated badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment